Friday 11 March 2016

RAPHAEL BENITEZ APPOINTED AS NEWCASTLE MANAGER ON A THREE-YEAR CONTRACT

Newcastle United have confirmed the appointment of Rafa Benitez as their new manager. It is reported that Benitez could opt-out of the deal if he fails to keep the club in the Premier League this season. Newcastle are currently in 19th place with 10 games remaining. The club's poor form over the duration of the season prompted Newcastle to sack Steve McClaren earlier on Friday after days of deliberation over his future. But now Benitez, who started the season as Real Madrid manager, has been given the reins for the Premier League run-in, starting with Monday's tricky match away to leaders Leicester City. Newcastle also announced that backroom staff Fabio Pecchia, Francisco de Míguel Moreno and Antonio Gomez Perez would be appointed, with Paul Simpson, Alessandro Schoenmaker and Steve Black all leaving the club. "I have the pleasure to confirm I have committed to a legendary English club, with the massive challenge of remaining part of the Premier League," said Benitez in quotes reported on the club's official website. "It will be a challenge not just for me and my staff but for the players, the club and the fans. "All of us must push together in the same direction and with the same target in mind. This is the reason why I'm going to ask for your total support to successfully complete this task. Personally, it means my return to the Premier League, closer to my home and my family. I can't be happier. "C'mon Toon Army! The club and I need your total involvement!"


myjoyonline.com


EmoticonEmoticon

Follow us on Facebook
Powered by: Internetsmash