Monday 21 March 2016

I WILL NOT RESIGN OVER SON-IN-LAW'S DRUG TRADE - BOG GOVERNOR

Dr. Henry Kofi Wampah - BoG Governor
Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr. Henry Kofi Wampah has thrown out all calls on him to resign following the engagement of his  son-in-law, David McDermott in drug trade.
Arguing out his position with regard the issue during an interview granted him by Kasapa FM, Dr. Kofi Wampah justifies that the illegal business of his son-in-law has no bearing on his job as governor of the Central Bank.

“My son in law is my son in law; it has nothing to do with me being Governor of the Central Bank. I have made a statement on that and that should be enough for you. My term will end this year and I will let you know when am going so thank you,” Dr. Wampah stated.

David McDermott, a British national married to the step-daughter of Dr. Wampah was arrested on March 11, at his home in Accra for his involvement in illegal drug trade as UK officials confirm that McDermott, who has been working in Ghana’s mining industry, had been on the run for the past three years, for attempting to import cocaine into the UK.


EmoticonEmoticon

Follow us on Facebook
Powered by: Internetsmash